Friday, November 16, 2012

Week Four: Letter D

Wow, I hadn't realized how long it has been since I wrote last. Life with two little kids just makes me realize where our priorities are. We have still had lots of fun learning. Awhile back my wonderful MIL watched the girls while I helped my step-mom move. (Also another reason to not have written lately.) She worked with them for part of the week while I was gone. She helped them continue in our work and learning all about DINOSAURS! A has really enjoyed looking at and reading about dinosaurs so I was hopeful she would still.

For vocabulary the girls learned a few of the names for the different dinosaurs. The poem for the week was Down in the Dell. It doesn't relate to dinosaurs but it was still enjoyable. Some of the books we the girls found amsuing were: Go, Dog, Go by P.D. Eastman, Danny and the Dinosaur by Syd Hoff, and Dashing Dog by Margaret Mahy.

For music we did a lot of singing. A and E really enjoyed a dinosaur song set to the tune of No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. We also did Hey Diddle Diddle, How Much is that Doggie, and the Farmer in the Dell.

For our Bible time we read about Daniel and the Lions Den. A has really enjoyed this story before and she helped E get into the story. For our scripture verse we worked on Psalm 118:24: This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Our math time was lacking this week. We did some practice with the four. I wanted to work on measuring distance on different things. But, like I said, we were lacking on math this week, maybe next time around we can do a better job.

For science we looked at: dove, daffodil, dahlia, donkey and dolphins. We read a few books about dolphins. A and E liked reading about them.

For social studies we tried to learn about Daniel Boone and deserts. A and E weren't really interested in either of these this week.

I am trying to remember what we did for art this week and I really can't. Maybe it wasn't that interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment