Friday, November 16, 2012

Week Six: Letter F (Really this time)

As I said earlier we hadn't gotten to the letter F (our official sixth week) last week. So now we have gotten on and been learning about Frogs!

Our vocab for this week was: webbed feet, tympanum, head and body. For the rhyme I took two verses from the Frogs' Chorus. A had a lot of fun saying this, especially since I made up some hand motions to go along with it. The books we read this week were Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister and The Foot Book by Dr. Seuss (E still likes for me to read this to her since I move each foot when we read it).

We really didn't get into music this week. A and E did enjoy Five Little Speckled Frogs. They both seem to enjoy anything relating to counting and when I just look silly singing. We also did the Farmer in the Dell. I wanted to play Finiculi, Finicula but I never looked for the music. Hopefully I will do it next time around.

For our Bible time we read about the feeding of the 5,000.  (Don't you just love all of those F words: feed, fish and 5,000!) Our verse for the week was: Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.

We didn't do much math this week. We did do a little work on fractions with cutting things into halves or quarters. We also looked for the color green.

Science we looked at flamingo, flax, forget me not, ferret, and flounder.

When it came to social studies we read about...actually I don't think we did any social studies this week. Oops!

We did make a fan for our art project. As I said last week A and E had fun painting. We continued that this week. Then the girls were able to practice some manual skills by folding the paper. The girls were proud of their projects and couldn't wait to show Daddy when he got home.

Another fun art project we worked on this week was making turkeys. I know this doesn't relate to F but we still had fun with Thanksgiving just around the corner. The girls painted a paper bag and toilet paper roll. I then cut out their hand prints from the paper bag. After everything was dried A and I glued on the hand prints to the back of the roll. We then added eyes. A wanted to add a mouth and feet so we got out some pipe cleaners. They have made a festive decoration for this Thanksgiving holiday that looks great!

Well, we are looking forward to moving on to the letter G. Hopefully, our lives will slow down and we can enjoy learning all about glasses. If life doesn't slow down we will still continue to enjoy our time of learning as A continually asks to "Lets do school!"



No comments:

Post a Comment