Friday, November 16, 2012

Week Five: Letter E

For this week my wonderful MIL and husband got A and E started on the letter E and EGGS! The vocabulary words for the week were: membrane, shell, white and yolk. Our rhyme for the week was I Bought a Dozen New Laid Eggs. Our books for this week were The Little Engine that Could by Watty Piper and Eva and Ethan (a First Sounds book) by Kelly Doudna. I tried to find Emma's Eggs by Margriet Ruurs but I had trouble finding it at the library.

For music we didn't have very much do to my husband said. So, if you have any songs that relate to E or eggs it would be helpful the next time we go through this letter.

For our Bible story we read about the Garden of Eden. Our Bible verse was: Romans 10:13: Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. 

For math time the girls worked on counting five and identifying ovals. A liked practicing drawing ovals.

Science time the girls looked at emperor penguins, elm, eucalyptus, egret, elk and elephant seal.

I tried to get the A and E interested in Albert Einstein but they weren't really interested in him. They wanted to have fun and play after I had been gone for awhile.

We did have fun making egg carton caterpillars. We took old egg crates and colored them. I got some pom poms for eyes and pipe cleaners to make antennas. A really enjoyed making them but E wasn't ready for it. This was a nice way to have fun and enjoy some fun time together after being going for awhile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment