Thursday, March 19, 2015

Letter U

The letter U. Our theme for the week was utensils. Our vocabulary words for the week were: up, under, us. We read My "u" Sound Box by Jane Belk Moncure, Umbrella by Taro Yashima. We also read Good Night, Little Kitten by Nancy Christensen for the girls to practice reading aloud.

Our sentences were:
The unicorn is up.
Do you play a ukulele?
I have unusual underwear.
Go under the umbrella.

Our poem for the week was:
Under My Umbrella by Jaymie Gerard

Under my umbrella
I like to feel the drops
Of rain-its happy tapping
of pitter-patter plops.

Under my umbrella
I like to feel a dash
Of water as it hits the ground
And rises with a splash.

Under my umbrella
I like to stay all dry
and enjoy the rain
As it falls down from the sky.

In Bible time our verse was "What time I am afraid, I will trust in You. Psalm 56:3" We just read whatever Bible stories we felt like because I couldn't think of any dealing with the letter U. Can you think of  any?

For our social studies time we read Utah by Sarah Tiev.

We had unicorn, urchin, umbrella bird, umbrella tree for our science vocabulary.

We didn't get to much done this week because we also were getting ready to celebrate E's FOURTH birthday. We had a great time celebrating her and the joy she has brought to our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment