Sunday, January 25, 2015

Letter N

Our vocabulary words for the week were: new, no, noun, next, nut, and name.

Some books we enjoyed this were were: Naps The Sound of N by Cynthia Klingel, The Napping House by Audrey and Don Wood and Noah's Ark by Linda Hayward.

Our sentences for writing were:
I have a new nut.
Now is number nine.
I have a new newt.
You live in New York?
Your name is a noun.
The moon is out at night.

Love one another. from 1 John 3:23 was our Bible verse.

In science we looked at a nightingale, a narwhal, and a numbat. We had a great book on narwhals but I lost the title.

We also learned about Florence Nightingale. Again, there was a good book about her too. I think it was a junior biography book.


We also made necklaces. Here A is stringing her beads on the thread. I taped her opposite end so the beads wouldn't fall off. This helped her a lot and eased a lot of frustration when the beads fell off.



We actually did letter N around Thanksgiving (yes, I am far, really far behind) so we made some turkeys. I found this great idea on Pinterest. We cut up a toilet paper tube roll and then the girls painted it.

E is cutting some lines I drew on the tp roll. This was good practice for cutting skills.
A is painting her turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment