Sunday, January 25, 2015

Letter A

Amazing letter A. Our theme this week was apples. We read some books that A and E had a great time with: Albert Albatross by Syd Hoff, My A Sound Box and Short A and Long A Play a Game by Jane Belk Moncure, 10 Apples Up on Top by Dr. Seuss, My Apple Tree by David Bauer, How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World by Marjorie Priceman, The Apple Pie Tree by Zoe Hall.

Our poem was An Apple Pie:
An apple pie, when it looks nice,
Would make one long to have a slice,
But if the taste should prove so, too,
I fear one slice would scarcely do.
So to prevent me asking twice,
Pray, Mamma, cut a good large slice.

The sentences we wrote this week were:
I ate a apple.
Do you like acorns?
I like Australia,
The rat has a hat.
The cat sat on a mat.

In math time we worked on the number 13. We also began a little addition. We had an introductory book called Help Me Learn Addition by Jean Marzollo. I also made up a few worksheets that A and E enjoyed. I took stickers and put them down. I wrote the numeral below the stickers. Then A and E would add the numbers together and write the total on the line. I kept this activity really simple. I don't think the total number added any higher than seven.

Our science animals were: albatross,  aster, antelope, and abalone.

In our social studies time we read about Johnny Appleseed. A good book for him was by Christin Ditenfield.


No comments:

Post a Comment