Monday, September 15, 2014

Letter I

Our fourth week of school! After a month of doing something it becomes a habit, right? Well, at least we are doing a better job of staying on track than we did last year. For our reading time we read: Inch by Inch by Leo Lionni, How do Dinosaurs Say I Love You by Jane Yolen and Mark Teague, Imagination and the Letter I by Cynthia Klingel. Our poem for this week was Inchworm by Katrina Lybbert:

Inchworm, inchworm on the ground,
Crawling slowly, not a sound,
Do you wonder what you'll see,
When you pass beyond that tree?

Careful now, my little friend,
A bird is just around the bend,
Better hide inside that tree,
Where you'll be safe and free!

Our vocabulary words were: inside, ice, island, itch, and inch.

Our Bible verse was: I am with you always. Mth 28:20

For our math time we read  My Four Book by Jane Belk Moncure. Our color was indigo. We also talked about inches. I had the girls pick four objects to measure. This helped us talk about length and width. We took a small ruler and measured the objects. We wrote down the measurements in their notebooks and they drew a picture of what they measured.


A measuring one of her objects.
E counting how tall her cup is.
E and A drawing the objects they measured.

For our social studies time we read about Indiana by Judith Jensen Hyd.

For our art project I cut out a letter I and three ice cream scoops. The girls glued the I and scoops of ice cream.

Now to leave you with a little cuteness!



A, E, and AM all together.



AM, the youngest. How can you not smile at this face?

No comments:

Post a Comment