Sunday, September 14, 2014

Letter H

The letter H seemed to go a little better this week. The books we read this week were: Once there was a house, a house that was a Home by Alex T. Smith, My "h" Sound Box by Jane Belk Moncure, Old Hat, New Hat and The Honey Hunt by Stan and Jan Berenstain, and Hello by Kelly Doudna. Our poem for the week was the Horse's Tail by James McDonald:

The tail of a horse,
Helps it stay on its course
Wherever it's running around.
It doesn't use force,
To help guide the horse
And it makes just a slight
Swooshing sound.

The girls enjoyed this poem because we did some motions with it. If I don't have some silly motions to add to it they aren't as interested in learning the poem. So, I have been changing my poems from our last time of the alphabet and the girls seem to enjoy them more.

We also sang the Hokey Pokey. This was good to help work on left and right again.

Our Bible verse was: And do not grieve the Holy Spirit. Eph. 4:30

For our math time we read My Three Book by Jane Belk Moncure. Our shape for the week was a hexagon. We counted by hundreds a little bit when we could.

For our science time we looked at: herons, harp seal, hibiscus, hippos, hedgehog, horses. We read a book called Horses by Sheryl Doyle. We also looked at Honey Bees and Honey by Lola Schaefer and I Wish I Were a Humpback Whales by Christina Jordan.

For our social studies time we read Exploring the State of Hawaii by Emily Rose Oachs.

For our art time I cut out a letter H and a triangle. We put the triangle on top to make a house. I also drew a dotted outline of four hearts and the girls practiced tracing the hearts. I was going to do it with paints and got lazy and didn't want to deal with a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment