Friday, November 14, 2014

Letter E

We started letter E this week our theme was eggs. Our vocabulary words for the week were: easy, East, early, and exit.

Our poem for the week was:
I Bought a Dozen New-Laid Eggs,
Of good old farmer Dickens,
I hobbled home upon two legs,
And found them full of chickens.  

The Bible verse for the week was from Romans 10:13 - Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

 For science we looked at Electricity. I found a book but it was a little too advanced for the girls. We also looked at elephant seals, elk, eucalyptus flower, and eel.

In our social studies time we read about Thomas Edison, which went along well with electricity.

For art time we made an E, Elephant out of construction paper.

E gluing on her elephant ears. (Look at all the E's in that sentence!)

A and E's finished 'Elephant's.

We have started adding in some writing. I like this because it helps with our reading skills too. I try to incorporate our letter for the week into the sentence as much as I can. This has also helped to introduce punctuation.

No comments:

Post a Comment