Tuesday, April 1, 2014

JSB: Week 4 - A New Beginning

A New Beginning (pgs.38-47) tells the story of Noah.

Our verse for this week was a little longer and more complicated than I anticipated but it is a good representation for the story of Noah. I think if I were to do this lesson over I might paraphrase it some. Anyways, here is the verse:

 "I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth." Genesis 9:13

The vocabulary we had this week was: ark, plan and rainbow.

A really enjoyed our song for the week Standing on the Promises. The second verse seemed to be very applicable with Moses in the storm and rain for 40 days. Check it out below!

Standing on the promises of Christ my King,
Through eternal ages let His praises ring,
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,
Standing on the promises of God.

Refrain
Standing, standing,
Standing on the promises of God my Savior;
Standing, standing,
I’m standing on the promises of God.

Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
By the living Word of God I shall prevail,
Standing on the promises of God.

For math we worked on counting to 40. (We have trouble getting past 20 sometimes so this was helpful in getting us to count higher.) We tried to find all sorts of things that would help us to get up to 40. Some of our favorite things to count were:

For science we read about rain and rainbows. Some rainbow books we read were: Nature's Light Show: Rainbows by Kristen Rajezak and Science Matters Rainbows by David Whitfield.

Our art project was to make a rainbow.I cut out a white piece of paper to look like a cloud and then we cut strips of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. We glued the strips on the cloud.
E adding her colors on.(We put them in order backwards so they would be in correct order when it was flipped over.)

Next we added some clouds. We pulled apart cotton balls and glued them on to the cloud.
E and A showing off their rainbows!

No comments:

Post a Comment