Monday, February 10, 2014

Jesus Storybook Bible Beginning


Last week we started working on some new lessons using the Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones. The art work in this Bible is beautiful and every story points back to Jesus as our Savior. I picked this particular children's Bible because A and E really like reading this one and I wanted to encourage them in their spiritual learning


When I first started brainstorming ideas for this unit I couldn't find much online. So, I decided to do my own. I was a teacher for awhile, so why not?!

When creating the lessons I wanted to include the following based on each story we read:
- A memory verse that relates back to the story.
- Some vocabulary from each story.
- At least one song. (I am trying to pick hymns because my kids listen to popular Christian songs on the radio and at church.)
- Something to tie to science, history and/or math.
-  An art project, of course!

We have done one week and will let you know all about it soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment