Thursday, October 17, 2013

Week 21: The Letter U

The letter U! This week we had so much going on that we were some big slackers. We never even made it to the library! We did do a little bit of work however. For the letter U we talked about utensils, real exciting I know. We talked about the obvious: fork, spoon and knife. However, we also talked about cooking utensils and the different uses for a spaghetti server, whisk, ladle and a flipper. Our vocab words for the week were: up, under, umbrella and uncle. We spent a lot of time looking around the house for things that were up or under something. We also listed off many uncles. We were fortunate that it rained a lot this past week. So it was helpful when we talked about an umbrella and our poem:

Under my umbrella
I like to feel the drops
Of rain    its happy tapping
Of pitter-platter plops.

Under my umbrella
I like to feel a dash
Of water as it hits the ground
And rises with a splash.

Under my umbrella
I like to stay all dry
And enjoy the rainy weather
As it falls down from the sky.

Our Bible time was even more lacking this week than last with only a verse: What time I am afraid, I will trust in you. Psalm 56:3

Our shape for the week was a heart.

For science we talked about urchins, umbrella tree, unicorn and an umbrella bird.

Wow, looking back over this week it was bad. But, that will happen and hopefully next week will be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment