Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Week Nine: The Letter I

This week our theme was Igloo! Our vocab words for the week were: insect, inch, instrument, and inside. Since the number for the week was nine we listed nine insects, and things that were inside the house or fridge and different instruments. Some of the books we read were: Imagination and the Letter I, Inch by Inch by Leo Lionni, Dancing with the Indians by Angela Shelf Medearis, The Little Island by Margaret Wise Brown.

The poem we learned was Inch Worm by Katrina Lybbert. I made up some motions to go along with it while we recited it and A really liked that. I think it helped her learn it faster.

Our Bible verse for the week was Matthew 28:20 I am with you always.

For math we measured different things with a ruler. We walked around and just found things to measure. If I were to do this again I would have pictures on a sheet of paper and do a scavenger hunt to find them and then measure them. As I said earlier we also counted/listed nine items that were inside the house/fridge/etc along with different insects and instruments. We also looked at and talked about a pentagon.

For science we looked at Indigo Bunting, Iris, Iguana, and an Imperator Angelfish.

For social studies we learned about Indiana, our home state.

We also got out our instrument box and played along to some songs while we danced. A and E always have great fun playing our instruments!


No comments:

Post a Comment